Saturday, November 29, 2008

Laredo Restaurants Continued.....Dinner

(Please read the TWO ealier posts before you read this one.)

We had not planned on staying in Laredo this late but due to the tailor (still not being finished and who promised to have it ready by 5 P.M.) we had to get a bite to eat. We drove to a nearby place called Coyote Creek. Coyote Creek is very interesting. Each room we saw had a different theme. There was a room that seemed it was straight out of Gone With The Wind. Another was like an old Western town. The room we were in was the Big Game room where they had stuffed animals. DISCLAIMER: IF YOU are a vegetarian don't come here. If you don't like seeing dead animals mounted to the wall don't come here. If you have a problem with those poor, defenseless, bears, wildcats, foxes, ibexs, and rams don't come here. I got no problem with it! I love animals...THEY TASTE SO GOOD! Since this was great day to get some new reviews in we were going to cap it off big. We were promptly seated and served quickly. I had the Texas Trio which consisted of Brisket, Sausage, and Chicken along with some Borracho Beans, and Potato Salad. I must first lament that the brisket did not stand on it's own (see Bubba's Review and you'll understand) It had to have the sauce and it wasn't very tender. The chicken was dry and had no flavor. This chicken couldn't hold a candle to Pastor Jehu's. That's was the first thought I had as far as BBQ'd chicken standards are concerned. I had certainly hoped for something as good but was a bit disappointed. The sausage was flavorful and not fatty in the least bit. BEANS! Oh the Beans were the saving grace of my meal. The potato salad was great too and had some ingredients I couldn't recognize although I'm thinking possibly very small carrots. TEENY, ITSY BITSY, MINISCULE. That's how small. Bread was dry. BBQ sauce was on point and probably store bought. I wouldn't call this meal poor but it was fair. Elizabeth had a burger with American Cheese, Avocado, and Jalapenos. She said the Jalapenos cancelled out the Avocado. She did get a couple of bites when it was just the Avocado flavor but she really liked it. It came with Fries and Onion Rings. Onion Rings were tasty but I felt they probably came out of bag and were not hand made there on site. Kandra had some Shrimp skewers. I sense that my daughter likes shrimps. I better be careful when she chooses a fiancee someday. LORD HELP ME! How tall is Nick Jonas anyway? No te creas, Mijita. I was just playing. I am surprised she didn't eat shrimp tacos for breakfast. The skewers had shrimp, pineapple, and tomatoes on them and were very tasty. Shrimp were basted in a flavorful sauce that had a slight sweetness. She also had some rice that was very tasty and some sauteed veggies. She sure knows how to pick them! She also had a dessert of a Bunuelo with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream sprinkled with cinnamon and chocolate syrup. Very tasty. This place gets and A++ on atmosphere and a B because of my wife's and daughter's food. I don't recommend the BBQ however. Price is par for the course here which means medium to high depending on what you get. Of course I would come back and try it again. Service was stellar. Our server was very friendly and reminded my wife of our great friend Abby, who we miss so much. We need to seriously go and visit her. It was a great day but I really missed my boys who stayed with the best mother-in-law in the world. We didn't make it home until around 11 P.M. and got straight into bed. I wish I had the pictures. Ask Elizabeth to see them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Coyote Creek is pretty good too, if you are a chinese fan, you should go and eat at Lin's, they serve almost everything. My favorite is the sushi, I love them a lot. Lol And if you like cabrito, go to a restaurant called Obregon, it's the best there. Crystal has a pretty good restaurant called Richardo's, we like to eat there. And Miguelito's have the best dessert....fried ice-cream....it's awesome.