Monday, June 9, 2008

My ALL TIME top 10 Restaurants

Drum Roll Please.....

#10 - Shogun Restaurant in San Antonio, Texas They serve Tappenyaki (Japanese food with a show including knives, fire, cool shapes, and smart alec chefs.

#9 - Tink A Taco in San Antonio, Texas.....Homemade tortillas, fresh ingredients, awesome breakfast with great tacos.....QUICK SERVICE.....SOFT Tortillas....

#8 - Fernandez Restaurant in San Angelo, Texas.....Try the Gordy's Special...Awesome Chile con Queso...Awesome Salsa..Great all around place. Try it....you'll understand!

#7 - Pappasito's in San Antonio.......My friend Mario took us here when I was living in San Antonio over 10 years ago. This place is consistently good and they have great Fajitas as well as The Plato Fiesta that has a full rack of ribs, six Brochette-style shrimp, two mesquite-grilled quail, jalapeño sausage, beef & chicken fajitas. Beans and rice are great too.

#6 - Abuelos Mexican Restaurant in Abilene, Texas....Another excellent Chile Con Queso....Great entrees....Try the Fajita Trio Beef, Shrimp, And Chicken......

#5 Cooper's Pit BBQ in Mason, Texas......Great BBQ in an out of the way place and on the way to the big city. I love the brisket and sausage.

#4 - Paco's Place in San Angelo, Texas....this is one my sentimental favorites......I've been eating here since I was a young child. Atmosphere is not what you come to Paco's for...you come for the FOOD....The rice, refried beans, enchiladas, and tacos are my favorite. Did I mention it's a buffet? Salad and coleslaw is also on the buffet along with a few other great dishes. Hot sauce is a great family recipe and during the winter Josh will tell you to try the Caldo, "It's so good my Grandma doesn't allow any of us to make it," and Josh is right......it's very good.

#3 - The Wharf in San Angelo, Texas.....I've had many a meal here and the seafood and prime rib are excellent but one of my favorite things to eat here is the TURTLE PIE.....WOW....Chocolate and Caramel taken to the extreme......My cousin introduced me to this place years ago and it was the site of my very first date with my wife. Try Mahi Mahi, Swordfish, Shark, and I really wish they would bring back the fried gator tails. Very very good!

#2 - Cattleman's Steak House Near El Paso and Fabens, Texas.....Awesome steak cooked to order....great pineapple coleslaw (I hated coleslaw until I had this one), excellent sides and service. Ribeye is my favorite but the T-bone is also excellent. Great views and a zoo on the grounds make this a FUN place to take kids and family.

#1 - Rudy's BBQ in Leon Springs......Advertised as the WORST BBQ IN TEXAS and I couldn't disagree more. Brisket, Ribs, Sausage, Turkey, Chicken are always moist, tender, and tasty. Creamed corn, beans, potato salad and other side choices are great too. This is my number one because the food has ALWAYS been consistently good. The service is just as good. You won't be disappointed here. I never have been. *BE AWARE I AM TALKING ABOUT THIS SPECIFIC LOCATION...This is the original......

No comments: