Friday, June 13, 2008

River Valley Coffee and Cafe

River Valley Coffee and Cafe is a great new downtown establishment. My wife and I were on a little date and we decided to try it out. I was totally hungry after watching the latest installment of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I was a bit disappointed with that movie but that's a different time and a different blog. ON to the food. My sandwich was a club sandwich. Ham, turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato, Pepper jack cheese, and cheddar on sourdough bread dressed with mayo. It was excellent and was served with some chips and a pickle spear. The Pepper Jack added the extra little nuance that made this a great sandwich. Here it is:







YUMMY SANDWICH!






Looks good doesn't it?

My wife's sandwich was a Mediterranean chicken sandwich. Normally it would be served with Ciabatta bread, romaine lettuce, pesto, and an artichoke heart and if I'm not mistaken Provolone cheese. She omitted the artichoke heart and it was a very tasty sandwich. The chicken was grilled and my only complaint was that it was not very hot. The flavor was very good though. Of course it was my wife's sandwich but she did beg me to take a bite. The pesto made this sandwich really burst with flavor. Awesome idea. Here's a blurry picture of it:














It was a good looking sandwich. Speaking of good looking, they have some great art in the restaurant that can be purchased from the local artists themselves. The art ranges from watercolors, to oils, to pen and ink. Portraits of people and places abound here. The atmosphere is really cool and open. I love the stained concrete floors and high tables in the area we sat in. They also have a huge magazine and book rack. They serve coffee and desserts as well although I didn't have either. This may require some further research. For you coffeeheads go in and try it out. Hey it's not that far if your are in the downtown area. I'll add more info about it when I go in a couple of more times and try some other stuff. I recommend this place for it's eclectic sandwiches, friendly staff, and cool atmosphere. Enjoy it.




No comments: